Saturday 28 January 2017

It's a Wrap!

Hello, today I am sharing my latest design team make
for the Dies R Us Inspirational Blog - A Chocolate Bar Wrapper!

I think it's nice to give as a small thank you gift to someone or maybe to cheer them up.

I first saw the idea on my friend Christine's blogs HERE and HERE, where she has made
a selection of wrappers for all sorts of occasions and got me started on them!


I first cut a piece paper of My Mind's Eye from the Wild Asparagus 8"x 8"paper pack to the size of the chocolate bar - 8"x 6" ensuring the two edges overlapped to stick together, on the underneath.

Next I ran a green Promarker along each long side and wrapped it around the
chocolate bar, using double sided tape to join together at the back.
With the Sue Wilson Designs - Petite Peony Cluster die, I die cut the larger die in
cream card and the peony die in plum card. This I did twice.
Next I glued the plum peonies behind the cream ones on the flourish.
With the second set, I did exactly the same, but this time I snipped off the foliage.

Using 3D foam pads, I attached them to the flourish.

Next, using the Sizzix - Framelits 'Hello' set of dies and stamps, I stamped
the 'for you' and die cut it with the smaller die of one of the pairs of frames and cut the
larger die in plum card to matt it.

Lastly, I added a couple of punched butterflies and some diamantes to finish.

Here are the dies I have used:-


Challenges entered:-
Creative Craft Cottage - Must use Flowers
The Paper Girls Challenge - Patterned Paper
Crafty Calender Challenge - Something New (Sizzix Framelit Dies)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Dies and Punches
Craft for the Craic - Pick Me Up!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Check back daily for more great inspiration from the girls on the design team.

Why not check out all the fabulous dies available at the Dies R Us store AND, 
don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!

A new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER 
offered to the lucky winner of each challenge.


click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG

INSPIRATION BLOG
FACEBOOK
PINTEREST
See you again soon!
Janice

14 comments:

  1. beautiful project! those flowers look stunning :)
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to wrap a chocolate bar up Janice...love the dies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great wrapper Janice - makes a bar of chocolate extra special and a super way to use up snippets as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sweet.....literally! I love this whole idea! That peony die is gorgeous, love it in the plum! I have been looking for a sweet idea for my Mom and her gal pals, you know a little token on Valentine's Day and I think you just gave it to me. Thank You! Love your creation! (ps Sorry I haven't been here lately, I no longer get your email post updates, among others, I am trying to figure out how to get you all back) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I'm so happy to have helped you with an idea for your Mum and her friends....there's plenty of time still for you to make
      them! ;-)
      I can't help you with the email thing, hope you can find a solution as it must be a right pain!

      Delete
  5. This looks fabulous. A nicer & more personal to way to present choc xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now who doesn't like chocolate and to get it in such lovely packaging, you almost wouldn't want to open it up.... well almost, LOL! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum this looks gorgeous a great way to give a bar of chocolate.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very pretty Janice and is a lovely idea for wrapping a small gift. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project, Janice!Those dies are gorgeous, and I love how you combined the two colors! Well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Janice, such a lovely way to wrap a chocolate bar.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a fabulous chocolate wrapper Janice, the designer paper is so beautiful. Very clever to run a pen to make an edge.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x