Wednesday 30 March 2016

Female Birthday Card

Today I have a birthday card to show you which I made for my card making friend Joy.
It's the first time I have used this new teacup die, and I can see myself using it more often! 
I found a tip on I'm in Haven's blog here, where Lisa suggested it was best to
die cut the tea cups three times in white card and
glue them together one on top of the other. 
This makes it easier to glue the pieces of paper into the spaces.
I then used various pieces of patterned paper I have in my scraps box
to fill in the pieces of each cup.


The items I have used are:-
Memory Box die - Teacup Stack
Crafts-Too Embossing folder - Sweet Flowers (CTFD3058)
Sentiment stamp - free with a magazine
Pearlised chalks for the embossed flowers and leaves.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies - Always Anything Goes/Use Die Cuts or Punches
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
In the Pink - Spring Flowers

Thanks for looking in.
Janice x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in the In The Pink challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    In The Pink DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Janice - I love that die and it's perfect for using up little patterned snippets!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delightful card in lovely subtle colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice I think this card is absolutely beautiful. The papers you've used look so pretty and the embossing folder works really well with your design. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Bet Joy loved it. The teacups cut out a few times is a good idea and I love that die. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL card Janice ... I LOVE how you paper pieced the tea cups ... great idea! They really stand out and look awesome! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x